Eurobois is committed to Plantons pour l'Avenir!
Who are they?
Created in 2014 by the professional organizations of the forestry and wood industry, the Fund supports more than 316 reforestation projects throughout the country, representing 2.3 million trees planted and 1,880 hectares reforested as part of the sustainable management and adaptation of our forests to climate change.
Thanks to the donations of its sponsors, Plantons pour l'Avenir provides a concrete response to the challenges of reforestation in France through its programs:
- Planting: by encouraging sustainable and dynamic forest management that maintains a balance between production, biodiversity and respect for users (recreational function).
- Raising awareness: by working to raise the awareness of all generations on the essential role of the forest and the uses of wood.
- Innovate: by supporting the development of reforestation techniques and practices adapted to the changing climate.
Thanks to its action for forests, Plantons pour l'Avenir contributes to the preservation of our forests and to the transition towards carbon neutrality while supporting an economic sector of the future.
Plantons pour l'Avenir is a public interest organization that contributes to the defense of the natural environment by supporting tree planting in France.
Since 2014, the fund has supported 316 reforestation projects throughout the country, representing 2.3 million trees and 1,880 hectares reforested under sustainable management!
Thanks to its action for forests, Plantons pour l'Avenir contributes to collective carbon neutrality while supporting an economic sector of the future.
For more information: https://www.plantonspourlavenir.fr/
The brochure of Plant for the Future: /sites/default/files/uploads/Plaquette%202021.pdf
The Show is eco-friendly
Our advertising and promotion are eco-friendly
- All our advertising and promotional documents (brochures, flyers, layout maps, programmes, invitation cards, press kits, etc.) are printed on recycled paper
- Many of our media targeting visitors are digital
- Visitors’ badges are digital
- Roll-ups are collected by Ecopack Solutions and re-used to create Boomerang packages.
- Use of recyclable materials for small signage at the show
- Integration of recyclable or reusable materials (wood, cardboard, etc.) in the design of stands and common spaces
- Furniture re-use and rental for the event
- Use of recyclable fitted carpets in some show spaces
- Encouragement to carpooling
- Soft mode access to the exhibition centre: tramway
- Waste sorting during assembly, operation and dismantling and waste valorisation
- Installation of waste sorting dustbins in the show aisles to sort visitors’ waste
- Materials sorted are wood (partitions, flooring), cardboard, brochures and a big percentage of fitted carpet. Eurexpo gives customers a Sorting Guide
- For furnishing and fitting waste, we have a partnership with Valdelia, an environmentally-friendly organization approved by the French ministry for ecology, sustainable development and energy. Valdélia collects everything made from wood (partitions, flooring, etc.) as well as furnishing and fittings abandoned on the show after dismantling. They are removed in a specific container.
- Contract for the supply of green electricity
- LED lighting outside the centre and progressive change-over in the halls
- Installation of presence detectors in hall sanitary facilities (in progress)
- Visitor and exhibitor car parks are equipped with 24 electric vehicle recharging terminals
All centre water meters are read twice a day to detect the smallest leaks and act at once.
Installation of 3 bee hives in the Eurexpo park
- Elimination of plastic and use of renewable materials and eco-friendly compostable containers, dishes and packaging by on-site caterers
- Recyclable place mats in Eurexpo restaurants
- Sorting of cardboards, plastic, glass, recovery of plastic stoppers
- Procurement of organic produce from local sources in season
- Recovery of unsold goods by the association “Le Chaînon Manquant” to fight food waste.
- Management of organic waste in all Eurexpo restaurants
- Recovery of edible oils by Bioval’huiles
THE GL EVENTS GROUP APPROACH
- Eco-friendly products and services
- Circular economy
- Greenhouse gases: Optimization of transport and energy consumptions
- Commitment of personnel
- Diversity, inclusion, employment for all everywhere
- Corporate health and safety
- Territorial and professional sectors' coordination projects
- Local value creation